Tuesday, January 03, 2006

God, You're Making Me Whet

Okay, I know, I'm getting carried away with the titles to these posts. But don't worry, we'll get back to a more standard titling system once the season kicks off. But for now, we're just posting material to keep you entertained.

To that end, just as we did last year, D will be providing a review/write-up on the "prequel" that can be found on the previous season's DVD set. For those of you who bought the entire season with your main goal being to view the prequel so as to "bridge the gap" between the seasons, I am betting you were a tad disappointed. Last year's prequel showed us a lot more that affected the season than I would think this year's does. How do I know? Did I buy the DVDs myself? Of course not. First, I tried to rent the lone disc at Blockbuster, but they're idiots and insisted the special features were on disc 6, which they are not. I ended up using my advanced Google-ing skills to locate the Season Five prequel which I will post here. (Make sure you follow the instructions for saving it down to your hard drive.) Disc 6 just has the final four epis of the season, so I re-watched a few of those with the additional scenes feature turned on. With that feature, a little "24" icon appears in the corner of the screen and if you're quick enough to locate your remote and hit the "Select" or "Enter" button, you jump into a scene that was previously deleted. What's cool is that you see the scene in sequence. That is, you see it where it was originally supposed to be in the episode.

In the final hour, there's a scene where Behrooz (!) is brought into CTU looking rather bedraggled and Chloe and Edgar exposit for us that Behrooz was found in a container ship at the pier "registered to Marwan." Really? Well, I guess Marwan is sloppier than we thought, registering stuff to himself. Plus if that nuke had hit L.A., I imagine Behrooz would also have been vaporized so I wonder why Marwan didn't just cap him. No matter, at least we saw Behrooz again and it's hard to understand why they didn't placate the audience with this scene in the broadcast version. Of course, it concludes with Chloe and Edgar almost making out so maybe that's why it was censored. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating. Actually, Chloe just offered to listen if Edgar wanted to talk, seeing as how his mother offed herself earlier that day.

Anyway, as I said, I ultimately was able to locate the Season Five Prequel online. D will be posting his review of said prequel soon enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenician said...

I actually enjoyed the Day V Prequel. It was longer, and we did get to see Jack in Chicago, faced covered in grime and everything. Obviously the only reason they shot at Chicago was because 24 Creators were filming Prison Break at the time, but still, it's a Prequel, not a Day itself.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home