Tuesday, December 27, 2005

To Whet Your Appetite

We're just 19 days away from the monstrosity premiere of 24 Season Five. Since D and I will have so much effin' writing to do once the show kicks off, we have been lying low, at least 24-wise, since, oh... May. And we realize that. But if you want to constantly read blather about 24 there are endless fan sites devoted to such topics as who the sexiest character is (sadly, D isn't even in the top ten on most ballots) and if the Cubbies mug will make an appearance in Season Five. Remember, only Jack, Tony, Palmer and the Cubbies mug have appeared in all five seasons.

Anyway, if you've been watching Fox or F/X this month you've undoubtedly seen the promos for 24 and if you're like me, you've put your TiVo on "slow" mode to watch very carefully to see who is showing up in the promo as the clips flash by at light speed. Okay, maybe you're not like me but that's what I'm here for -- to be a 24 dork. Yeah, shut up.

So what I saw was a quick snippet of David Palmer, which shouldn't be a huge surprise. However, I think I also saw Wayne Palmer, David's brother and former Chief of Staff from Season Three. Could it be that the two of them are hangin' out, sippin' on gin and juice? I mean, Palmer's not the President anymore, so he should really just hang out and enjoy himself. Of course, he did order the raid on the Chinese consulate so that could be a problem.

Anyway, I also read that Dennis Haysbert, who plays Palmer, will appear in "at least the first episode." Now, last year, we knew he'd signed on for six episodes. Does this "at least the first episode" jibberjabber mean anything? Could Palmer be a target of attack to get Jack out of hiding? Hard so say.

If you're looking for more 24-preview info and you don't feel like paying $70 to buy Season Four to watch the 11-minute prequel to Season Five, you can check out this two-minute preview from Fox, offered in multiple formats for your viewing pleasure:

Enjoy. And tell your friends about us.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phoenician said...

Just before you said "in all five seasons" I was about to correct that Aaron Pierce (played by Glenn Morshower) has been in all four seasons. He hasn't been confirmed in five yet, but he has a pretty good chance, right?

If he does show up sometime in Day V, I'll be proud to say that there are only five consistant characters in the Days of 24!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Phoenician said...

BTW - You pronounce Mary-Lynn Rajskub's last name "Rice-Cub"

Check it out at Mary-Lynn-Rajskub.com

7:15 PM  
Blogger J Money said...

You're right, phoenician -- I misspoke. Aaron Pierce is indeed in all five seasons as he is slated to appear in Season Five.

Also, I said the Cubbies mug has appeared in all five as well, which isn't right since we don't yet know if it will appear in Season Five. But I'm betting it does since it's clearly become something the writers/producers know people are looking for. Tony was drinking beer out of it last season, for pete's sake. Heh.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Phoenician said...

I have a feeling that it will be back - Wasn't Tony holding it in one of the Day V Preview Photos??

I'm just so glad Aaron's coming back, I found out his return about two days ago!

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Cubby wasn't in Season 3 either, unfortunately!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home