Monday, December 12, 2005

A Whole New Look

Much like Lindsay Lohan's breasts, we're changing in major ways. Things are looking all-new and fancy around here with a blog-style setup for Season Five of 24. You can still go to the link you've always used for The Unofficial Unauthorized 24 Page, where you will still find our previous reviews as well as some other random gibberish. However, the reviews for the upcoming season, as well as our occasional pithy posts with news of interest pertaining to 24 will be located here for the foreseeable future. With this comes several advantages:

  1. You can now comment. We're all about you, the loyal reader, and as with most blogs, you'll be able to post your thoughts and we can get some discussion going based on the reviews we dole out. Of course, this really means you need to comment after we post our reviews because, hey, if nobody comments we'll feel like bigger losers than usual.
  2. Less wait time for reviews to be posted. In the past, we'd write our reviews and then they'd sit in my "to do" bin for a while. If it was a review by D, I'd read it, edit out parts that were too risque, and add in commentary wherein he complimented me. No, actually, I just read through his reviews and then converted them to html and posted them to my Web site. What a pain in the ass. Plus, readers had to wait until I got around to doing all that. Hopefully being able to just cut and paste into a blog window will speed this process up. Of course, this now means D and I have less excuses as to why a particular review isn't done yet.
  3. Email capability. Now you can send our reviews to your friend in Bangladesh with ease! Or not. It's up to you.

I'm sure there are other advantages but I just can't think of any at the moment. As always, you can send a general query or email to us at Webmaster@NotTheRock.com or you can reach out to us in public here.

The posts will come fast and furious once the season gets rolling. Or so we hope.

Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenician said...

I'm thrilled with the new version, and I know the more frequent comments from both of you will be quite refreshing indeed!

PS - I've been a reader since Day III ended!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home